A lot has been happening lately! We've been forming multiple plans for this year and beyond that change our timelines for our future babies.
The first is that we're definitely moving to the South now. We have a main plan and a back up. Our goal is 2-3 years, and the plans are already in effect. Bill picked up an extra half a shift each work day so that we make an extra $100 a week to put towards student loans and then towards saving for the new house. I'm looking at work that I can do from home to bring a bit extra in and make things go even faster (I'm looking at things outside of what I already do, like my paid mod jobs and crocheting business). My father in law is most likely moving in with us this summer. It'll save him money in living conditions and add a few hundred dollars a month to our moving fund (he's coming with us down south, we're planning on getting an in law suite for him) so moving in benefits all of us.
I'd like to have one more baby up north and I don't want to get pregnant in the middle of our big move, so we're trying to change around dates to make that happen. At the same time, we're now going on a big Disney Cruise on Halloween. I don't want to be pregnant for that, as I can't be more than 4 months pregnant to go on and less than that I'll be terribly sick. So our new goal is to move our TTC date from June to start trying in November, have a baby sometime next year (a November conception would be an August baby). That baby will then be a year or two old during the move, and we'll hold off having #4 until we're settled in our new home.
Our original goal was to move in 5 years, but that just seemed like too long. We shortened it down to 3, and are currently hoping that we can do a little less than that (two years) depending on what happens in the next year or so. Meanwhile, we're fixing up our home (repainting and such) to get it in good condition so we can list it in a year. We're also downsizing a lot, both for when we move and to fit my FIL in our finished attic (which is set up to be two bedrooms, but currently is overflowing with all of our extra stuff). We have a lot to do, which makes it exciting to me. I love planning, making lists, and having projects to constantly work on. Each step closer to moving is a cause for celebration and the fact that we're already working through our 3 year plan each day is even more exciting. I can't wait to make our big move! If everything stays the way we plan it, we should be moving at the same time as my parents and siblings are moving too. They're headed to South Carolina, and we'll be in a state boarding them - either North or South, we're not sure yet. North Carolina is our goal and Georgia is our back up currently, even though the gorgeous homes and land in Georgia that are in our current price range does make it even more tempting, so I'm not sure if it's a back up or still as much a possibility as NC is. Both states have so many pros to them! In the end, it'll probably come down to what job is open when we're ready to go, so we're leaving it up in the air. Both places we're looking at are amazing and we love, so I don't really have a favorite or pulling for one or the other - I just know I want to be in one of them asap!
No comments:
Post a Comment